Getting to Know You:
- Would you rather pray in front of a large crowd of people you know, or don’t know and why?
- What’s your favourite dessert?
- Look up and read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. Why are we told not to “wage war like the world does.”? What does that mean? According to this verse how are we to fight? How is prayer a weapon of war? Use Eph.6:10ff to help answer this.
- John Piper says “prayer is the way you walk by faith”. Why is prayer so crucial to your faith walk? Why is prayer so critical for your church?
- 2 Thess.3:1 makes clear that prayer is a present active verb which means we’re to be people who keep on praying. 1 Thess.5:17 says to pray continually. How is this possible or practicle?
- Read Psalm 119:9-16, 33-40, 89-96, 97-105, 129-136…Notice what these verses have in common and discuss how we can “delight” and “rejoice” in God’s Word.
- 2 Thess.3:3 reminds us “the Lord is faithful.” What does it mean for Jesus to be faithful in contrast to “not everyone having faith.” Talk about a specific time you have seen God’s faithfulness in your life.
Taking it Home:
- Spend time praying in your group for your church…for the things listed on the fill in the blank side of the sheet.
- This week–Pray for someone by name in your church that God would clear the way for His love to be shown to them, that they would then show that love to others and for them to follow Jesus’ example of perseverance in the middle of trials and temptations.